Saturday 30 January 2016

Meditation Chairs...



My house is not big enough for any more furniture, I am even contemplating selling my beloved Peacock Chair as, although it may be beautiful, I never sit on it.... I have a thing about sitting crossed leg and I just can't do that on my vintage rattan wonder...

....however if I did have a house bigger than a matchbox and I could squeeze in just one more piece of furniture, it would be a meditation chair.... in fact it would be the rattan one in the top picture by Gaiam. Slightly resembling a dog bed (lets be honest) this chair has a thick cushioned seat and looks super comfy. It has recently been improved and now has a super high back, which is great for lanky ladies like me.... and of course it has been designed to sit crossed legged on.. perfect!

Below are some other beautiful examples I have found including the meditation area in the home of Oroboros Marini Burini, that has two meditation chairs facing her altar.... What a dream!

Seagrass meditation chair

Carved Meditation Chair
Mediation area in the Home of Oroboro's Marina Burini



2 comments:

Cure8 said...

Very nice! If you never sit in your peacock chair, have you considered using it as a plant stand? I used to have a lovely but rickety old wooden chair that I couldn't bare to part with. Looked great with a fruit salad plant sitting on it, instead of me. <3 - Yvon

Unknown said...

You have a good taste of furniture. I like the Seagrass Meditation chair, it looks simple and net yet elegant.