Monday 3 February 2014

Almost famous.....

Almost Famous: The elusive penny lane




Almost famous, what can I say? Great film, great music, even better clothes and the elusive Penny Lane. I loved this film (and wanted to be Penny) when it came out and am sure I was not the only girl to go out and buy and Afghan coat and drape a scarf over my lamp and dig out my parents Vinyl.....

It was also the first time Philip Seymour Hoffman graced my screen as the infamous Lester bangs, although it is probably not the film Philip Seymour Hoffman wanted to be remembered for for me this is the one that stands out to me.... with so many beautiful tribute from fellow actors, it is clear to see he will be sadly missed..





8 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so shocked and saddened to hear the news about Phillip Seymour Hoffman yesterday, like you said probably not his most critically acclaimed role but he will always be Lester Bangs to me x

Sophie | opalwren.blogspot.co.uk

sadie d. love said...

give me the guess who.!! loved this man so much also mostly because of this movie.. he had so much more to give :/

Jamie said...

Agreed! This is the first film (though certainly not the last!) that I remember *loving* him in...I was saddened and shocked to hear the news of his death. A true talent not yet fully realized, I think.

Babylon Sisters said...

What a wonderful post! I love Almost Famous and love him in it!

Kath said...

I adored him in "The boat that rocked". I used to play the "which DJ would you marry?" game with my friends and The Count was always my intended spouse :-)

My Grama's Soul said...

I, too, was so very saddened by the death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. It seems to me that the truly "great" actors often don't know how truly "great" THEY ARE!

Jo

Linda said...

Loved the movie <3 & will miss PSH so much... What a talent & what a tragedy ....:(

mollymell said...

One of the few great actors of our times.