Saturday 19 May 2012

The Home of...

Safe within my Womb: I fell in love with this beautiful eclectic den a number
of years ago and been searching for the source ever since. Candles, Kilim, Cushions
and rickety book shelves, I don't think I would ever leave this room

Bohemian bedroom: Suzani, Kilim and Indian Patchwork - such a cozy room
Beautiful eclectic sitting room with Indian throws and  kilim cushions

Sitting room: Light some Nag Champra and relax
Beautiful Handmade Vintage Kantha Quilts from India

The minute I saw that top picture I fell in love.... Everything about it is perfect, the Kilim cushions, the layered rugs, the books, the bed on the floor... all that's missing is me, my current read (Lolita), a pot of tea and my Nag Champra :)

....So my search (thanks to Introducing New Worlds) is over, so here is the home of the Lovely Laura aka Godessofxanadu on flickr. A life long collector of beautiful fabrics, Laura lives in this charming Victorian home with her other half and cute pups. Can't wait to see more snaps of this beautiful homes as the pictures emerge on Flickr

Not only is Laura a great travel photographer but luckily for us also sells the beautiful Vintage Kantha Quilts she brings back from India via her  Etsy shop FatLama Vintage.

16 comments:

may said...

yesss, i love that first photo. thanks so much for finding the source ;__; <3

Roots and Feathers said...

so fitting her name is laura, ha ha! i love this space, and too have loved that first photo for a while now. such a great place. i love to spend time pouring through this space!

Barbara said...

That's so cool that you finally found the source! She seems like an interesting woman.

Nectarine Dreams said...

Love the first room too. Definitely a beautiful room to get lost in. Also love Nag Champa here mmmmmmm xx

The Creative Bohemian said...

I would be sooo content in any one of these rooms.

Boho Mixology said...

Love! They look so comforting and cosy, adding a book, nag champa and tea like you said would make the space just perfect.

Zoe xx

Miri boheme said...

Gabi, my room looks like the top picture, and I never want to leave it, really! It's so womblike!

Beth (Miri)
http://miritextiles.blogspot.com/

My Grama's Soul said...

Gabi....all these pictures are wonderful....I love it that bohemians believe MORE IS MORE!! LOL

Jo

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I spent a whole afternoon yesterday looking at her gorgeous photos:)
loving your blog! xx Kim

Anonymous said...

Forgive me if this is obvious to everyone, but I think that the 2nd & 3rd pic are of the same room.....I like seeing what changes people make to houses and rooms over time.

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. Thank you so much for the amazing inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, Laura here. Im excited that so many of you love my photos of my home!

Thanks So much to Gabi for featuring me! ((((Gabi))))

I'd like to take this opportunity to offer you guys all a 10% discount at my shop www.etsy.com/shop/fatlama?ref=si_shop

just message me on etsy, mention 'moon to moon' and I will discount any purchase by 10% until 1st of June :)

Open Eyes Open Heart said...

What a fantastic home!!! I LOVE that den. I think I'd find it like heaven!

Unknown said...

Nice posting! Keep update.
Tony@Jakarta Hotel

shantiji said...

Hello folks Laura here (aka goddessofxanadu) just to let y'all know my shop has temporarily moved to ebay and will be there until I set up my own website in december.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/fatlamasbazaar