Sunday 20 March 2011

Frida Kahlo

Nickolas Muray, 1939
Nickolas Murray
What the Water Gave Me by Frida Kahlo
Self-portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird


"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought, there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you."

Frida Kahlo

4 comments:

Julia said...

good to know!

elizabeth said...

Funny......I was thinking of Frida yesterday....I once thought she was so strange. I looked at her paintings and thought, Good Lord! What's this all about!?" Then I saw the movie and fell in love. She's beautiful and awesome. Just to see her....

estefanía Mendívil said...

I love Frida, that something she had made her unique, who knew back then that she will become such an icon, I am glad you like her!

xoxo from mexico!

Anonymous said...

you should definately look at these works http://annesmerdon.blog - she's done 4 works based on frida kahlo for an exhibition entitled "homage to frida" in Australia in June